Saturday 29 November 2014

Dutch-Braid Headband Ponytail

Hey there my lovely people,

Todays post with be another hairstyle, however set out a little different. I started hairstyling a while ago and had never thought I'd end up writing a blog. So I took some pictures of the finished hair style but not of the procedure, but i do have the final result and its not the complicated. I will also add a youtube link to help with demonstrating how part of the hair styles is done.


What you'll need;

  • Hair Brush
  • Rat tail comb
  • Gel/Hair spray
  • Elastic band
  • Hair band
  • Bobby pins

The hair styles is a dutch-braid headband pulled back into a ponytail. It is a very simple and easy hairstyle to do on others aswell as on yourself. With practise everyone gets there. :)


You'll first need to start off with brushing the hair through making sure there are no knots or tangles. Then using a rat tail comb part the hair either from ear to ear or as I've done I started the part roughly 2inches from one ear all the way to the other side. Secondly, pull the hair you won't be using of the braid into a low pony tail for now to keep it out of the way. Once that's done you can begin your dutch braid. While braiding I added in gel every so often to help hold back the fly aways. I have found this youtube link that demonstrates a full head dutch braid but the techniques the same just with a smaller section of hair. 
Once you've completed the braid, you'll want to continue it all the way until the end and tie it off with an elastic band. 

You'll then put the braid to one side and work with the remaining hair you held back at the beginning. Brush out that hair again making it smooth and pulling it up into a ponytail. Once you're happy with where the ponytail is situated hold it in place with a hair band. Also use gel/hair spray to smooth the hair if you'd like. 
Finally with the braid you had aside, wrap it around the hair band to hide it and using bobby pins secure it in place. And TAADAAAAA you're finished, an easy and simple hairstyle!
You can also opt by not putting the hair up in a ponytail instead you can leaving the hair out, especially for short hair that's too short for a ponytail. 
I hope you enjoyed this post as much I dad writing for you all to read.
Don't forget to check out my etsy store; https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/HomeMadeHairstyles
and Facebook page for regular updates; https://www.facebook.com/homemadehairstyles

Also follow me on instagram @HomeMadeHairstyles and if you recreate this hairstyles use #HMHDUTCHBRAIDHEADBAND so i can see your wonderful recreations and share them on my page. 

See ya next time
Love ya
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment