Thursday 13 November 2014

Bobby Pins...

Bobby pins...
Lots and lots of bobby pins.
What would we do without bobby pins?

Hey there,
Right so today we are looking at, guess what?
You guessed it, bobby pin or hair grips whatever you feel comfortable calling them.

Why a post on bobby pins you may ask, well surprisingly not many people know the variety of bobby pins out there available to them, nor do they know how to use them or in what circumstances to use them in.

The essence of bobby pins that many people know of are that they will simply hold back hair or help hold down fly aways. That is correct however there are a few other things to bobby pins that maybe some won't know.
For example did you know when placing a bobby pin in your hair you place it straight part up and not with the bumpy side up which is what most people do.
This image does not belong to me

When I first found this out I was extremely surprised by the amount of people that also did not know this. After changing the way I placed my bobby pins I noticed that they stayed in place for longer and were a lot more secure. 

There are many lengths, widths and colours of bobby pins. Some to just accessorising the hair, others to hold down fly aways, and what (I personally think) they are used for the most is to help secure a hairstyle. 
As well as bobby pin there are also hair pins which in word explanation is a open version of a bobby pin. Here is an image showing what the difference between a bobby pin and a hair pin is.
Hairstyles that will include both types of pins are usually updos majority of the time, or a more complex half hair updo (an example of half hair updo, is a previous post on a hairstyle where the inspiration images uses pins to create flower petals). An updo I recently created and done on myself and used both pin types was an elegant low chignon (or low bun in other words).
A bobby pin will hold down the hair more securely especially if they a crossed over each other, what a hair pin does is it keeps the hair in place 'softly', what I mean by that is they help keep the hair in a certain place which does not need to be held down securely. Its harder to explain in words what I am trying to say, but if you try it out for yourself you will understand the concept. For example, in the image above I used hair pins on the sides to tuck in the hair and hide the bun maker that's helping make the round shape of the look.

And that is it for now. I hope you enjoyed the post and that it was a little helpful. 
If you'd like to see a pic-by-pic on the hairstyle I have shown in this post please let me know and I will try and get that done for yours soon as possible. 
Thank-you for views this post, don't forget to follow and stay upto date with any up coming posts. Also follow me on Facebook and stay upto date over there too.
Love you all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment